Here below you will find the most important highlights that tell the grow of an arty idea into a grownup product:
- The first ladies urinal in the world is used by P-Mate at Pinkpop 2000. Rock Werchter and Lowlands followed quickly, like dozens of other festivals and events in the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Canada, the US, Finland, UK and many others.
- In 1999 the P-Mate becomes part of the collection of Museum Boijmans van Beuningen in Rotterdam.
- In 2000 Moon Zijp wins with her P-Mate the Dutch National Millennium Contest. Motivation: this innovative and revolutionary product is an important improvement on women’s hygiene.
- In 2001 the word Plastuit is recorded in Ewoud Sanders book ‘Language of this year’.
- First there was the WC1, the women’s urinal for one person, followed by the WC2 (2 positions). Later P-Mate used a 4-bay urinal.
- In 2004 P-Mate is a prominent product on Glastonbury Festival in Engeland. A lot of ladies urinals are ready for use and it became an instant success in the UK.
- In the summer of 2004, after receiving reactions and response of women who tested the P-Mate, minor adjustments were carried out on the model. A wider discharge opening and minor deepening of the unit itself improved the P-Mate in a major way. Even if you are in a very high need, it will not overflow. This new design really fits the description: one size fits all!
- Early 2011 a new design is presented. Purple and butterflies are replaced by ruby red and warm grey colors. A new, fresh, contemporary and universal look is born.
- Also in March the LIMITED SERIES are introduced (to be used in large amounts).